You can Request Material from The Library Materials Center (LMC), a climate controlled storage facility for lesser-used, fragile and rare materials owned by Lehigh Libraries.
- Closed, infrequently requested journal runs
- Older journals now available online
- Infrequently used monographs and monographic sets
- Some government documents, including the Serial Set
- Older Law Reporters, Digests and Statutes available online
- Fragile older materials that require special care and handling
- Some Special Collections materials, including all Lehigh theses and dissertations and archival copies of the "Brown and White"
Many of the materials housed at the LMC can be delivered to the Fairchild-Martindale Library for next day use. To request material currently located in the LMC, use the request form. The request form requires a valid Lehigh User ID.
Most of the material housed in the Library Materials Center and Special Collections must be used in the library and some fragile material has restricted use. Special Collections material requests may take longer than 1 business day to process.
Visiting the Library Materials Center
The Library Materials Center is open to the public. If you would prefer to visit the LMC to browse and select materials, the facility hours are Monday - Friday 9am to 4pm. To schedule a visit in person to examine materials, contact LMC staff by phone: 610-758-4694 or email email@example.com.
If you are driving, follow the directions to Mountaintop Campus. After passing the guard building at the entrance, at the next "Y" bear left. At the first stop sign take a right and proceed to the parking lot. The entrance to the Library Materials Center is in the far left corner of the lot. The facility is also accessible via the Mountaintop bus. Take the bus to the IMBT Laboratory and walk behind the lab across to the Building J parking lot.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Phone: (610) 758-4694
FAX: (610) 758-3044
On-site Staff: Diana Toolan (610) 758-4694 Email
Site Manager: Mark Canney, Manager of Lending Services, (610) 758-3028 Email
Curator: Lois Black, Curator of Special Collections, (610) 758-5185 Email